Thursday 4 July 2013

The Vegan Scone

Multi Grain Too.








I fucking love scones. 
Fresh out of the oven, the more butter the better. 

Cheese scones remind me of my dad, who used to get up at 6 in the morning before school to make a fresh batch for us to wake up to. They made the house smell amazing and he is still scone master. 

I only ever have them now when I go out for lunch because the food in new plymouth is so shit & expensive they're the safest option. AND I cant control myself, if I made them at home I would eat the whole lot including a block of butter. These are slightly easier on the system, offering more of the good shit. 

Recipe:

1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup bran 
1/2 cup white spelt
1/2 wholemeal spelt
1/4 cup millet 
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
1/4 nutritional yeast 
2 tbsp baking powder
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup almond milk

Preheat oven to 175 degrees.
Mix the dry ingredients together, then mix in the wet. Roll dough into a square and cut into what ever shape pleases you then put onto a oven tray.

Bake for 8-12 mins. 
Until golden and cooked through.

x
Abbey


No comments:

Post a Comment