Saturday 20 July 2013

Medicine

Give us this day our daily juice. 










This is my daily preventive medicine: a giant jug of fresh vegetable juice. For me juicing means I meet my daily quota of vegetables in one hit, best of all its raw.

I have been juicing daily for almost a year now and the changes in my body I have noticed are dramatic improvement in my skin, energy, general vibrancy and I haven't been sick once this year. Also this may or not be related but I have also lost a significant amount of weight due to a reduction of cravings and possibly my stomachs efficiency. 

I try to exclusively use only organic fruits and vegetables as the nutrient levels are much higher and there are no nasty chemical byproducts from commercial sprays. We use an Oscar which is a cold press juicer, which I would recommend to anyone on the market for a juicer. Although they are far more expensive then conventional blade juicers the nutritional benefits and superior juice yield make it the best value for money. 

Cold press juicers crush to extract the juice at a low speed creating no heat, maintaining the nutritional integrity of the vegetables. Unlike blade blenders where vitamins and enzymes are destroyed by the heat and chopping motion. This means the juice can be stored for up to 45 hours without depleting its vitamin and mineral count making for a very potent juice. 

I have this juice pretty much everyday, incorporating what ever is in season using literally every fruit and vegetable possible. Usually a tray of wheatgrass would be included but I'm house sitting at the moment and don't have any growing. 

Recipe:

bag of carrots
2 beetroot
whole celery
2 lemons
2 limes
1 grapefruit
1 kiwi fruit
1 pear
1 apple 
a shopping bag of silver-beet 
2 thumbs of ginger 
thumb fresh turmeric
1 cup of cranberries
handful of mint and parsley 

x
Abbey

No comments:

Post a Comment